Re: [EXIM] Bug in retry code?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Steve Lamb
CC: Exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] Bug in retry code?
On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Steve Lamb wrote:

>     Well, this would explain it.  Let me rephrase the question, any reason
> why Exims from June 10th haven't timed out yet?  :/

> mail       750  0.0  0.0  1576    44  ?  S   Jun 25   0:01 /usr/sbin/exim -Mc

> root@teleute:~# exiwhat
>    750 2.05 delivering 10xRLD-0000By-00: waiting for a delivery subprocess to

I have occasionally seen these on Solaris systems, but for *incoming*
rather than outgoing messages. It is always stuck in read(), and SIGALRM
doesn't budge it, though all attempts to reproduce the problem have
failed. It is usually related to a dial-in connection.

Maybe there is some similar problem on output?

>     Should I kill these off or does anyone have any bright ideas on anything
> else I can do to diagnose this?

Try sending SIGALRM first, to see if that helps. If you can attach a
debugger to find out where they are stuck (i.e. in which system function
if possible) it might help. My guess would be write(), but maybe there's
some other problem.