Re: [EXIM] majordomo/exim/spam issue

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jason L Tibbitts III
A: Jeffrey Goldberg
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] majordomo/exim/spam issue

JG> Sorry if this is the wrong place for this (I suppose Majordomo-workers
JG> would be better, but I don't want to join yet another list),

Yes, replies to this should probably be private.

JG> but are you sure that this is a good idea? Exim (and other MTAs) do
JG> SMTP quite well.

Yes, I know. That's why we only use SMTP as a method to get an address
list to an MTA that can do proper delivery. (Actually there are provisions
for load-balancing and remote exploding by talking SMTP in this manner to
more than one host.) There's no point to being a full SMTP server when
there are plenty of good MTAs that do the job just fine.

Then consider that we try as much as possible to be MTA independent. SMTP
is well defined, relatively easy to code, and well suited for the purpose.

I'm more than happy to discuss this in private if you'd like.

- J<