Re: [EXIM] majordomo/exim/spam issue

Author: Ben Smithurst
To: Jason L Tibbitts III
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] majordomo/exim/spam issue
Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> majordomo_aliases:
>     driver = aliasfile

you need,

    pipe_transport = address_pipe

for Exim v3 onwards, and I think it's harmless for versions before that
(that was the default before v3, but the defaults have now gone, for some
reason). Without that no aliases involving piping mail to commands will
work, which is all the aliases for Mj2.

>     user = majordom

Probably shouldn't be hardcoded (I use "mj2"), but I guess you'll see to
that at some point.

>     domains = lsearch;$config->{lists_dir}/ALIASES/mj-domains
>     file = $config->{lists_dir}/ALIASES/mj-alias-\${domain}

The alias file still has permissions which are too restrictive. I had to
chmod g+r it to make Mj2 work (both Exim and Mj2 have `mail' as their
group, so it doesn't need to be world readable in my setup, but may need
that in other setups). (The mj-domains file is world readable here, which
is find, but owned by root. Shouldn't it be owned by mj2, or doesn't Mj2
need to modify that file?)

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@??? |   key available from keyservers and