Re: [EXIM] Nested aliases for local parts failing...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
A: Ben Parker
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Nested aliases for local parts failing...

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Ben Parker wrote:
> I am evidently doing something wrong in handling system_aliases and other
> aliases. I need the aliases to "nest", and it's not working.

> I get the error otherstaff (generated from allstaff) is an unknown local-part!

I had this problem way back (exim 1.6x?) and cured it by having a
domains = "my.example.net"
line in the system_aliases director, and by having aliases for the form
allstaff: otherstaff@???,mystaff@???

I'm certain this is overkill, since it turned out that some of the
problem was a bug (long since fixed) in the version of exim I was using,
and I had 2 other complications: I had to support an old alias for the
domain, and I had 2 alias files (local file and NIS).
However, on the ain't broke, don't fix principle I've never got arround to
find out which bits are overkill and which are really needed.

Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna