[EXIM] Nested aliases for local parts failing...

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ben Parker
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [EXIM] Nested aliases for local parts failing...

I am evidently doing something wrong in handling system_aliases and other
aliases. I need the aliases to "nest", and it's not working. Exim (version
2.11) seems to take one "pass" at the aliases, but not to go back and look
at what to do with expansions which themselves are aliases. The
system_aliases in /usr/exim/configure is set up as in spec.txt. What
should I do?

Example:

In /etc/aliases:

person: someoneelse
otherstaff: bob,bill,johnny,juanita
allstaff: otherstaff,mystaff
mystaff: name-of-mailing-list

name-of-mailing-list is handled by a separate lists.aliases file for
majordomo aliases.

If I send a message (admittedly illogical but it allows me to reproduce
the problem) as follows,

to: mystaff@???
cc: allstaff@???,person@???

I get the error otherstaff (generated from allstaff) is an unknown local-part!

See what I mean?

Thanks for any help,

Ben
Nairobi