Re: [EXIM] Splitting this list [Was: Exim behind a firewall]

Top Pagina
Auteur: Nigel Metheringham
Aan: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] Splitting this list [Was: Exim behind a firewall]

J.Goldberg@??? said:
> I think the period FAQ (or Meta-FAQ) posting might be useful, but also
> a well crafted "Welcome" message when joining the list would be
> useful.

Your contribution to this welcome message will be *much* appreciated
:-) [only half a smiley, really]

Soon (well actually when I get time, so soon is a *very* relative term
here), I am moving the list onto another box with a different list
manager system including archiving and I hope searching. If list
reorgs are wanted as well then its a good time to do them.

I wonder if there are actually three areas that need addressing -
"normal" usage of exim, where a FAQ posting might be appropriate.
advanced exim configuration/usage and continued exim development.

[As a general thing, please folks this is all a community that is self
supporting. Please try and keep the heat levels down, remember that
what you put on the net has a good chance of staying around to haunt
you - ie a deja search will always manage to include your most
embarassing moments, and we need contributions to get things done, not
just requests...]

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]