[EXIM] (OFF TOPIC) Re: behave?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: David Sheryn
Para: Ron Smits
CC: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] (OFF TOPIC) Re: behave?
On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Ron Smits wrote:

> Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:26:22 +0000
> From: Ron Smits <rons@???>
> To: David Sheryn <D.H.Sheryn@???>, exim-users@???
> Subject: behave? was Re: [EXIM] Exim behind a firewall
>
> Greetz all
> I usually lurk in lists like these. But for some reason David made my blood boil
> a little. First of, yes this is posted from a linux machine and no, I do not
> consider my self a newbie on the Unix front or on the Linux front. I do consider
> myself a newbie on the exim front. We started using exim some months ago after
> cursing two other well-known MTA's for not being very friendly in setting up and
> maintaining it. Exim is not perfect. but it is better and more human looking.
>
> What made my blood boil was the lack of respect in the mail from David. If he
> can't handle newbie questions, he should be so degenerate about it. Can't we
> suspend the sarcasm and get on with exim?

I apologise if offended you. It is very easy to misinterpret the tone of a
message when there is no non-verbal communication (hence the use of smileys
and other emoticons). This is often how flame wars start. However...

My suggestion was simply a recognition of the fact that there are now many
people on the Exim list who have little understanding of how Internet MTAs
work yet wish to run them on PCs running a Unix-like operating system. These
people need very different help from those who wish to discuss the development
or internals of Exim and are probably not very interested in this anyway.

Perhaps the point at which this disctintion needs to be recognised has
arrived.

I'll shut-up now and leave others to debate this.

DHS
-- David Sheryn <D.H.Sheryn@???> Postmaster, Computing Services
-- City University, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB
-- Phone: (+44) 171 477 8000 Direct 0171 477 8196 Fax: 0171 477 8565