[EXIM] Splitting this list [Was: Exim behind a firewall]

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: exim-users
Alte Treads: Re: [EXIM] Exim behind a firewall
Betreff: [EXIM] Splitting this list [Was: Exim behind a firewall]
First a query to the list manager (is that still Nigel?)
Should this discussion (about the structure of this list) be happening
here? If not just say so.

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Peter Galbavy wrote:

> To keep the image up, may I suggest exim-users and exim-tech instead ? :-)

I personally would like to see the list kept as one for as long as we can
reasonably manage it. But acknowleding that some split is probably
inevitable (or possibly, even a call for comp.mail.exim).

I think the period FAQ (or Meta-FAQ) posting might be useful, but also
a well crafted "Welcome" message when joining the list would be useful.

Also, it is not clear what the division we are after is? Is it a division

    Effectively single user systems   vs.  Email management at "real sites"

or

    Those who have some clue about mail transport vs ...

or

    Those who have some specific knowledge of exim vs others

Basically, I think that the division that we actually want is the second
one, but that that would be the hardest to maintain.

Basically, I don't see an easy split that makes sense.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814