Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages

Author: Hugh Sasse
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Peter Galbavy, Paul Makepeace, Nigel Metheringham, EXIM users list
Subject: Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages
On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Hugh Sasse wrote:
>
> > if_needed: The message contains binary, or non-ASCII chars, and the

    [...]

> I do not like the idea of Exim doing any scanning of message bodies. It
> doesn't do so at the moment.

    Good point.

> > I have a feeling this "fuzzy" compromise is too simple,
>
> Creeping Featurism Alert!

Exactly!

> > I hope it is of some help. I mean, I can see people will be asking for
> > things like :
> >
> > hosts_accept_mime_errors = <hostlist>
>
> Aarrgghh!!

:-) Yes, that was partly my point, that to do it right[?]
could make it rather more complex than one might wish,
be that author or admin. But I was hoping I might spark
off an idea of beautiful simplicity in someone.

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Actually the people fussing about this are the people receiving the
> bounces.

Well, some were concerned about users trying/not trying to read
these things as well, but

> [...] we cannot
> cater for all the whims of the rest of the world.

agreed.

    Hugh