Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: EXIM users list
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages

ph10@??? said:
> Ideas noted, but I fear Creeping Featurism...

[Muted snigger]

MIME wrapping messages ought to be pretty simple other than ensuring
that you have got a unique MIME separator. Personally I would punt on
that by making it a long randomly generated string with the exim
message id appended to it - if someone clashes with that you have just
come up with odds similar to winning the Lottery size weeks running.

hgs@??? said:
> Strong cases on both sides. I would suggest the configuration allow:
> always_mime_errors never_mime_errors mime_errors_if_needed
> mime_errors_unless_unwanted

Actually the people fussing about this are the people receiving the
bounces. These split into 2 classes - the postmaster who runs the
system, and other people. The postmaster is in a position to make a
definite decision as to how they want their bounce messages, we cannot
cater for all the whims of the rest of the world. Hence just put a
switch in for mime/non-mime bounces.

I'm wondering if there is a way of indirecting the bounce generation so
that a script or filter could be used to assemble the bounce. Maybe if
the bounces were produced by a specifically named autoreply transport,
then the transport could be overridden in the config to make a custom
bouncer by say using a pipe transport. Is there a reasonably easy way
this can be generalised to give people the hooks (or enough rope to
hang themselves)?

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]