Re: [EXIM] exim, majordomo and spam redux

Top Pagina
Auteur: Bernard Stern
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] exim, majordomo and spam redux
>On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Richard Welty wrote:
>
>> everything is working except for the condition clause:
>>
>> condition = "${if eq {$received_protocol} {local} \
>> {${if eq {$sender_ident}{majordom} \
>> {true} {false} }} {false} }"
>>
>> this condition is always failing; can anyone suggest methods for

testing
>> conditions?
>
>Take a look at the archives for this mailing list from September 1998,

in
>particular take a look at a message from Philip Hazel explicitly about
>a way to test and debug such conditionals dated September 9.
>
>He suggests using debug_print to do something like
>
>     debug_print = "received_protocol =$received_protocol \
>                   sender_ident=$sender_ident"

>And
>
>   debug_print = "${if eq {$received_protocol} {local} \
>                 {${if eq {$sender_ident}{majordom} \
>                 {true} {false} }} {false} }"

>If the former is what you expect ("local" and "majordom"), but the

latter
>is "false" then that narrows down the problem to the logic of the
>conditional.
>
>Please do post what you find. I am the person who posted a query very
>much like yours back in September, and got a number of very helpful
>replies, but didn't persue them (I was then running a version of exim
>which didn't support debug_print.) And of course send a note the
>maintainer of the exim+majordomo FAQ.

I am running exim 3.01 on Solaris 2.7. I am confronted to exactly the
same problem, I don't want the -out addresses revealed to the
outside, much less leave them open to spam. I did configure the nice
trick from the majordomo-exim web page. Everything works, except the
condition. Then I did the debug_print thing. Interestingly (bud sadly)
received_protocol as well as sender_ident were both empty. I could not
yet find out why both variables are empty. Also, I found out that for
some drivers where the I need the variable $home, this one also is
empty, whereas reading the doc it should not. Does anybody else have
similar problems?
Thanks for any help on the subject, I am rather reluctant to go
public with my -out addresses open.

Bernard Stern, postmater@???

____SWITCH Swiss Academic and Research Network______________________________
Mail: SWITCH Head Office / Tel:+41 1 268 1520 | Fax: +41 1 268 1568
      Limmatquai 138    / Internet: postmaster@???
   CH-8001 Zurich      /