Re: [EXIM] exim, majordomo and spam redux

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Richard Welty
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] exim, majordomo and spam redux
On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Richard Welty wrote:

> everything is working except for the condition clause:
>
>   condition = "${if eq {$received_protocol} {local} \
>                 {${if eq {$sender_ident}{majordom}  \
>                 {true} {false} }} {false} }"

> this condition is always failing; can anyone suggest methods for testing
> conditions?

Take a look at the archives for this mailing list from September 1998, in
particular take a look at a message from Philip Hazel explicitly about
a way to test and debug such conditionals dated September 9.

He suggests using debug_print to do something like

     debug_print = "received_protocol=$received_protocol \
                   sender_ident=$sender_ident"

And

   debug_print = "${if eq {$received_protocol} {local} \
                 {${if eq {$sender_ident}{majordom}  \
                 {true} {false} }} {false} }"

If the former is what you expect ("local" and "majordom"), but the latter
is "false" then that narrows down the problem to the logic of the
conditional.

Please do post what you find. I am the person who posted a query very
much like yours back in September, and got a number of very helpful
replies, but didn't persue them (I was then running a version of exim
which didn't support debug_print.) And of course send a note the
maintainer of the exim+majordomo FAQ.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814