Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
To: Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder
CC: Mike Richardson, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages
On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
> > If i see repeatedl messages to closed accounts, possibly from
> > lists, i can ask listowner to unsubscribe that addresses ....
>
> Thats really the list owners problem, unless your server is accepting
> the message and generating its own bounce, which isnt really the best
> way. (Better to reject at RCPT TO: time, and let the mailing list MTA
> deal with it)

These messages are stored in a temporary area, so if tyhe user whose
accout have expired reappears (sometimes after months) can recover
his/her mail.
I have to note that my previous message to the exim list and MSEE come
back be with:
>>> RCPT To:<eximlist@???>

<<< 550-Mail Refused. See http://www.imrss.org/error.html
<<< 550 mail from 150.217.9.3 rejected: administrative prohibition
550 <eximlist@???>... User unknown

looking at the above address it claimed one of my server was open ...
I think it is very inopportune to close access to someone without
notifying, and without knowing the real reason:
I have three server , one the main one is listed as "receiving"since it
accept anything , but does relay only
message from authorized machine (other messages are thown away) ;
the second is a group server and is listed as closed )it refuse any
message not going to one of its user or coming fron an internal machine.
The third that i used previously was the backup one. I had to "open" it
for a few hours since due some works by our ISP dialup addresses were
changed without notifying, three times in 3 days, so until the situation
does not become static i cannot use the regular server.
An interesting option (wish list?) should be using a pop before smtp ...
NOTE: the server i am using now is NOT an open relay, so do not look at
the headers !