Re: [EXIM] majordomo/exim/spam issue (fwd)

Author: Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] majordomo/exim/spam issue (fwd)

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Richard Welty wrote:
>
> > now i've suddenly got a spammer hitting bmw-digest-outgoing@???
> > directly,
>
> The the Exim FAQ section on majordomo. It points to another document that
> tells you exactly how to make the -outgoing address usable only by local
> calls to exim. (It also tells you how to conceal those names as well.)

I just looked over this, and I know I setup a script once that used a
"lists" file, and just had the same aliases for all lists, instead of
actually having to have an aliasfile (or even a set of aliases for
EVERY list).. it would just automatically recognize any of the standard
aliases matched up with a list name...

being written in bash, it wasnt terribly fast.. im wondering if perhaps
a config, with directors using prefix and lsearch against eitehr a
listfile, or better yet, against the existence of the list in the
majordom lists directory

it would be far more efficient to not have to add entries to more than
one place to add a list..