Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Paul Makepeace
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] multipart/report delivery status messages
On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> Is there any work going/gone on/planned to enable exim to report delivery
> status notifications using RFC1892 multipart/report MIME messages?

Well, I'm not doing any.

> It would be great to have errors
> reported in a message/rfc822 attachment.

Personally, I hate this because when you've made a simple typo in an
address, it is much easier to forward the bounce to the correct address
and tidy it up by cutting out the error message at the top. If you have
to go and extract stuff from an attachement, it's more work. But that's
just my preference.

Anything other than a simple text message can also be very confusing to
naive users. (They tend not to read error messages as it is.)