[EXIM] Dual identity host.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Adrian Harris
A: exim-users
Cc: hedgehog
Asunto: [EXIM] Dual identity host.
I have a mail system which will be running the mail for name1.ac.uk. This
connects to JANET via a firewall and (afaict) is set up correctly. It is
currently running exim 2.12.

We also have a legacy email address, name2.demon.co.uk, which is read by
dial-up ISDN, also through a firewall.

All users are defined on the mail server and collect their email via POP3,
so the server doesn't have to worry about relaying within the
organisation. The FQDN for the mail server is mail.name1.ac.uk.

The name1 domain transmit/deliver all seems to be fine, and it blocks
relaying as expected.

Having read the docs, I expected that I could add name2.demon.co.uk to the
local_domains list and receive email for that domain as well. This is how
the previous sendmail config workled, but of course without any of the
relay controls provided by exim. I know I could have upgraded to 8.9.x,
but I'd rather have a mail system which doesn't require the bat book to
run :-)

But when Demon attempt to deliver the email, it is bounced with relay
refused (host accept). Both smtp connections are made via firewalls, which
accept smtp connections for a particular ip address and then forward these
to the correct internal IP address of the mail server. I can only assume
that the Demon email is bounced because it is not in the same domain as
the mail server. Is this true ?

The main part of the configure file consists of:

primary_hostname = mail2.name1.ac.uk
log_rewrites = yes
log_file_path = /var/log/exim_%slog
qualify_domain = name1.ac.uk
receiver_unqualified_nets = 10.1.0.0/16:10.5.0.0/16

*** These are our two main internal nets - actually used as class B's.

local_domains = name1.ac.uk : name2.demon.co.uk
local_domains_include_host = true
hosts_treat_as_local = name2.demon.co.uk
never_users = root
sender_net_accept_relay = 10.1.0.0/16:10.5.0.0/16
relay_domains = *.name1.ac.uk : *.name2.demon.co.uk

In the rewrites section, I've added:

*@*.name1.ac.uk ${local_part}@???

so that the headers appear to come from the domain, not the host.
Is this the correct methodology ?

TIA :-)