Re: [EXIM] Exim 3.02 problems with new config

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Blundell
To: exim-users list
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Exim 3.02 problems with new config
Vadim Vygonets wrote:
>Quoth Philip Hazel on Fri, Jun 25, 1999:
>> Oh dear. IPv6 strikes in anger. I'm afraid I don't have an IPv6 set up
>> at the moment, so cannot do the right kinds of test. The error means
>> that Exim looked up the host name for the IP address ::ffff:127.0.0.1
>> and obtained "localhost". Then, it cross-checked by looking up
>> "localhost" to see if that really was its IP address, and it didn't find
>> it.
>
>That's what it looked as to me, but I was unsure because I have
>no running IPv6 systems. The question is, if there was an AAAA
>record for localhost, would it help? And what's the standard
>IPv6 address for the loopback interface?

The loopback interface has IPv6 address `::1'. However, although I didn't see
the original message, from the bit of Philip's text you quoted above it
doesn't sound like adding an AAAA record will solve the problem. I suspect
Exim is failing to notice that ::ffff:127.0.0.1 is really an IPv4 address and
should match 127.0.0.1.

There are some other bits and pieces in the IPv6 code that could do with
looking over again really. I keep meaning to try to find time to do it.

p.