Re: [EXIM] Big db files

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: cwlin
A: Jeffrey Goldberg
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Big db files

Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 cwlin@??? wrote:
>
> >     Is there any method to reduce or control the size
> >   of db file?

> >     I found these two files is huge...

> >     /var/spool/exim/db/wait-remote_smtp.pag  -- 33M
> >     /var/spool/exim/db/retry.pag             -- 778M

> >     Any one knows the answer, please tell me.
> >   Thank you.. :)

> Take a look at references to exim_tidydb in the documentation.

I have run exim_tidydb, and delete a lot of old entry. But
the size seems the same... :)

I think it is "these are sparse files containing 'holes'", as
Philip Hazel said..

If I use ls -s, I found they are not huge... :) Just 9776 blocks..
Thank you...

--

Ching-Wei LIN / ªL¿[Þ³
cwlin@???. http://cwlin.seed.net.tw