Re: [EXIM] Exim 3.02 problems with new config

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jim Knoble
Aan: Exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] Exim 3.02 problems with new config
What is `local_domains' set to? On my system (Red Hat 5.2, locally
built exim-3.02), i have:

    local_domains = @:127.0.0.1/32:localhost

This puts both `localhost' and the loopback interface on the list of
local domains, as well as the local canonical hostname.
Fetchmail-4.5.8 works fine with this, even when `host_accept_relay'
isn't set to anything.

If your local_domains includes both localhost and the loopback
interface, you might try setting host_accept_relay as follows:

    host_accept_relay = @:127.0.0.1/32:localhost

--jim

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% jim knoble %%%%%%%% jmknoble@??? %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

På 1999-Jun-24 klokka 21:41:59 -0500 skrivet Christian Dysthe:

: I have the same problem. I upgraded to exim 3.02 on my Debian system today.
: Right after that fetchmail reports this to the mail.log:
:
: Reading message 1 of 10 (3013 octets)
: SMTP connect to lcalhost failed
: SMTP transaction error while fetching from mail.myisp.net
:
: I am not not able to retrevie my mail with exim. I can deliver local mail on my
: system though.
:
: I also tried to generate a new exim.conf with "eximconfig", but no go.
: The Debian install claimed to convert exom.conf to the new format. That
: didn't seem to help much.