Re: [EXIM] Wrong sender address.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Jens K. Olsen
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Wrong sender address.
On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Jens K. Olsen wrote:

> 2) Sorry I am not sure I can explain you how the mail is sent through
> the machine. I am not sure I understand your question, or that I am able
> to answer it.

I meant "how does the mail originate?". You have answered!

>    e) When I receive the message the sender is test@??? (From:
> test@???)

That is something that Netscape is presumably setting, unless the
mailing list program is modifying it.

> 4) I do not beleive I have any rewriting rules defined. I have not
> specifically defined any. How can I check?

Look at your Exim configuration, last section.

> 5) Following is from /var/log/exim/mainlog:
>
> 1999-06-24 15:41:09 10x3C9-0005nT-00 <= test@??? U=test
> P=local S
> =293
> 1999-06-24 15:41:12 10x3C9-0005nT-00 => jolsen@??? R=lookuphost
> T=remote_smt
> p H=mxrelay1.ptc.com [132.253.108.52]
> 1999-06-24 15:41:12 10x3C9-0005nT-00 Completed
>
> 6) By "sender address" I mean the From: header line.

Exim is not concerned with header lines, on the whole. That log entry
shows that the *envelope sender* is "test@???", which is what
Exim works with. My guess is that the From: line you are seeing is the
result of Netscape plus the mailing list, and nothing to do with Exim at
all.