Re: [EXIM] exim not adding "To:" header

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Otavio Exel
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] exim not adding "To:" header
Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> Quoth Otavio Exel on Wed, Jun 23, 1999:

> > and message_file does NOT contain a "To:" header; I understand from
> > the manual that exim is supposed to add a header like:
> >
> >     To: addr1, addr2, addr3

> I think that in this case Exim adds an empty (or almost empty) Bcc:
> header. It's better to compose a message comtaining a header like:
>
>     To: addr1, addr2, addr3

from the following snippet from the manual..

|always_bcc
|
|   Type:    boolean
|   Default: false

| Exim adds a To: header to messages whose recipients are given on the
| command line when there is no To:, Cc:, or Bcc: in the message. In
| other cases of missing recipient headers, it just adds an empty Bcc:
| header to make the message conform with RFC 822.

..it looks like it should add the "To:" as my always_bcc is set to false
and the file did not contain any "To:", "Cc:" or "Bcc:" headers!

OTOH I just did a

    $ ls | exim oexel@???

and noticed that the "To:" header WAS added! the only differences I can
think of are:
- there's a single address;
- there are no headers at all;

I agree it is better to add the "To:" header myself but, beeing a newbie
in MTA's, I really would like to know what is going on!

> Pay attention to the -oi flag! It will spare you some headache,
> TRUST ME.

I will :-)

> Vadik.

thanxs!