Re: [EXIM] exim and pipes

Author: Peter Radcliffe
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] exim and pipes
STEFAN_CYRIS@??? probably said:
>      I've got some problems with exim and pipes....
>      ...i know that exim wants an uid and gid to execute pipes so.....

Which have to be specified in the driver for /etc/aliases in the
config file.

>      i got an entry in /etc/aliases like this
>      --snip--
>      ftp:root
>      webmaster:root
>      user:
>        driver = pipe
>        user = $nobody
>        group = $nogroup
>        command = "|/usr/sbin/list user"
>      --snap--

>      defer (-18): <user@???> - error in alias file /etc/aliases:
>      missing or malformed local part (expected word or "<") in "driver =
>      pipe user = $nobody group = $nogroup command = "|/usr/sbin/list user""

>      any ideas....

You have an alias for "user" as "driver = pipe user = $nobody group = \
$nogroup command = \"|/usr/sbin/list user\""

Which isn't a valid address, oddly enough.

RTFM and put the user/group specifications in the config file where you
put configurations, not in the alis file, where you put aliases.

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???