Re: [EXIM] How exim uses DNS

Top Pagina
Auteur: Carl Horne
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] How exim uses DNS

> You must use the domainlist router to route mail inside your
> domain, without putting MX records. Hint: use bydns_a or similar
> lookup.

This is my router setup:
lookuphost:
verify_only
driver = lookuphost
transport = remote_smtp

act_as_hub:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = "*.domain.com $domain byname"

send_to_gateway:
driver = domainlist
no_verify
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = "domain.com mail.domain.com byname"

Other_stuff_normal:
driver = lookuphost
transport = remote_smtp

DNS Stuff:
*.co.domain.com.   IN      MX      10 pequod.co.domain.com.
*.domain.com.              IN      MX      10 pequod.domain.com.

Routers:
lookuphost: Verifies sender
act_as_hub: Sends to internal boxes (something.domain.com)
send_to_gateway: Sends all email to user@??? to GWIA
Other_stuff_normal: Sends email to the internet

Problems: If DNS entries point to another box everything works great.
If they point to the exim box I get the point to self errors or cannot
route to errors. Also when it looks up mail.domain.com it uses the MX
entry instead of the A record. I have to enter the ip address to get it
to work. I want it so if mail is sent from an internal source or an
external source its gets routed following the routes above. Is there a
way to get it to work without running a separate DNS server for this
box.

Thanks,
          Carl