Re: [EXIM] Comments from a new-ish user.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: EXIM users list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Comments from a new-ish user.
Quoth Hugh Sasse on Tue, Jun 22, 1999:
> Secondly, the documentation is very good, and I can see a lot
> of work has gone into such a monster manual.

I second that. The documentation is great.

> Directors, routers, drivers: I kept getting mixed up with these.
> I have it straight now. While mixed up, I found it hard to visualise
> the flow of control in the configuration file, and it took a while
> to "click" that $local_domains determined which path a message took
> through the drivers. May I suggest a (simplified) diagram near the
> start of the Postscript document, as this would stand out visually
> for easy reference?

See page 9 of the PostScript version of the Spec document for
release 3.00.

> I also see that the order in the
> file is (partly) due to "define before use": the transports must
> come before the drivers, etc.

Yup.

> Where variables interact with one another it may be useful to supplement
> the descriptions with a table, showing what happens when each is
> set/true/false/unset.

Umm. This would make the doc bigger, and it's clear enough as it
is now. Maybe this would be a good idea, maybe not.

> relay_domains, host_accept_relay: I feel it may be clearer if
> these were called incoming_relay_destinations and outgoing_relay_sources
> or something of the sort, so the distinction is more explicit.

Maybe. But I, personally, would prefer short names.

> The documentation says you can use
> regular expressions to match hostnames, but I could not find anything
> explicit about using them for IP address specs, so I didn't do that.

I suppose that you could use simple regexp such as:
local_domains = ^(foo|bar)\.baz\.dom$
but it's not really needed, I think. Using a colon-separated
list should be good enough.

Vadik.

--
Any language that involves exposing private parts to friends is a
tad suspect...