Re: [EXIM] Deferred mail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Deferred mail
On 18-Jun-99 at 17:33:56 Ben Smithurst wrote:
> John Horne wrote:
>> In the exim 3.00 manual (page 141) it states that an aliasfile can
>> include the entries ':defer:' and/or ':fail:'. It then states that any
>> text after these is 'included in the error message that exim
>> generates'. Using :defer: though I can see no error messages being
>> generated - I assume they are to go back to the sender. All that seems
>> to happen is that the message is put on the queue (deferred) until it
>> either times out, is removed or deleted.
>
> The error message comes after the 451 smtp code and the address, e.g.
> 451 <someaddress@???> the message you put after :defer:
> and is put in the log as "forced defer: the message you put after
>:defer:". No message is sent back to the user for deferred messages,
> AFAIK.

^^^^^
Agreed, but the manual at least inmplies that it does since it talks of an
error message (as opposed to just a log entry).

>> I can, however, see a point in sending a message back when :fail: is
>> used.
>
> It is, I assume you have no problems with this aspect?

No problem, albeit that we don't generally use it.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???
Home page: http://jhorne.csd.plymouth.ac.uk
Finger for PGP key: john@???