[EXIM] Delay in receiving messages

Author: Ross West
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Delay in receiving messages
Hi exim-users,

The problem that I have is on a vary rare case, incoming messages that
contain attachments (mimed) are not getting properly delivered. But
yet, messages without attachments come through just fine. No other
problems to report.

Our system: Exim 2.12, SGI Irix 6.2, lots of memory, etc.
Remote system: Sendmail 8.9.0, BSDI 4.0

(We are planning to upgrade to v3.02 in the near future)

The message eventually comes through, but usually a few days later.
The remote MTA connects up, and then it seems to "stall". I don't see
any errors in the logfile, but it's easy enough that I may have missed
something - we get enough mail here.

I know the connection works because messages without attachments come
through in record time. Sending messages (all types) work perfectly.

Maybe I'm missing something (wouldn't be surprised, it's Friday), but
this is a wierd problem. Anyone have any suggestions as to what it
might be?

Thanks,
Ross.

--