Re: [EXIM] Deferred mail

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ben Smithurst
To: John Horne
CC: Exim Users List
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Deferred mail
John Horne wrote:

> In the exim 3.00 manual (page 141) it states that an aliasfile can include
> the entries ':defer:' and/or ':fail:'. It then states that any text after
> these is 'included in the error message that exim generates'. Using :defer:
> though I can see no error messages being generated - I assume they are to go
> back to the sender. All that seems to happen is that the message is put on
> the queue (deferred) until it either times out, is removed or deleted.

The error message comes after the 451 smtp code and the address, e.g.

451 <someaddress@???> the message you put after :defer:

and is put in the log as "forced defer: the message you put after
:defer:". No message is sent back to the user for deferred messages,
AFAIK.

> I can, however, see a point in sending a message back when :fail: is
> used.

It is, I assume you have no problems with this aspect?

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@??? |   key available from keyservers and