[EXIM] Somebody is adding a Resent-To: header...

Top Pagina
Auteur: Lars Kellogg-Stedman
Aan: SmartList Mailing List
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: [EXIM] Somebody is adding a Resent-To: header...
I recently started hosting a SmartList based mailing list. Since my last
rendezvous with SmartList, I've also switched MTAs [and thus I'm cc'ing
this message to exim-users, on the odd chance that it is an MTA issue; if
not, and you're getting this on exim-users, please feel free to ignore it
completely].

I've noticed that all the mail passing through the SmartList mailing list
has a Resent-to: header (and friends, i.e., Resent-date, Resent-sender,
etc.) tagged onto it that includes all the recipients' email addresses.

I don't *want* the recipient email addresses being exposed to the list in
this fashion.

I figured SmartList was adding this, since I don't think that an MTA would
perform this sort of gross munging of the headers, so I added the following
recipe to rc.local.s20:

## yes, the 'h' is redundant, but this makes it look more like the
## preceding recipe, which filters the body and thus starts with
## :0 fbw.
:0 fhw

Unfortunately, this hasn't had any effect. So...

  (1) Is this information being added by SmartList somewhere along the
      line?

  (2) If not, and we assume the MTA is doing it, is this reasonable
      default behavior?

Thanks for your help,

-- Lars

--