Re: [EXIM] MFS mount spool

Top Pagina
Auteur: Richard G. Duvall
Aan: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] MFS mount spool
Yes, but the drive is cranking like mad! Should I install a different
drive on a different SCSI bus just for spooling?

It's even making authentication slow, and it is running on a Pentium II,
400Mhz with 128MB Ram.

It's just unbearable the amount of time it takes to authenticate. Alot of
time when I am running PC-Pine over the same ethernet, it times out. this
is really annoying...

I tried installing a different drive just for spooling on the same scsi
bus, and this helped tremendously. But, I still get timeouts with
PC-Pine, and iostat is reporting TONS of activity on both drives (spool,
and the other drive which contains root filesystem, and where mail files
are being stored).

Our weakest link seems to be the speed of our hard drives, and it is
slowing authentication down. What can we do to remedy this problem? We
are running that 50 pin scsi card from BusLogic, and one of those 9 gig
Segate drives, in which we have to use an adaptor thingy to make the cable
work on it (counted 68 pins on the drive). Then, the other drive where I
am spooling the stuff is 50 pin, and the cable plugs right into it.

Do I need to get one of those faster SCSI cards from Adaptec that plug
directly into that kind of drive without an adaptor thingy. Would that
make it faster?

Sincerely,

Richard G. Duvall