Re: [EXIM] MFS mount spool

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Richard G. Duvall
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] MFS mount spool

rgduvall@??? said:
> Would it be wise to mount /var/spool/exim in memory to speed up this
> process? Most of the activity on the drive is coming from the spool.
> If this is wise, how much of memory do I need to allocate for the MFS?

Standard call on this - if the data matters to you then you do not put
it on a memory based drive. Personally I would consider the
possibility of a load of mail being queued at the point when the system
goes down and that mail being thus lost forever being too great a risk.
Some of this data can be quite long lived - 10 days in the case of a
recipient host being down, say.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]