[EXIM] Sender verification...

Top Pagina
Auteur: Hugh Sasse
Aan: EXIM users list
Onderwerp: [EXIM] Sender verification...
I see that sender_try_verify is more tolerant than sender_verify.
I take it that "cannot immediately be verified" means "cannot be
verified due to some temporary network problem" and excludes the
case where the sender is found not to exist.

If that is true, then will:

headers_checks_fail = true
headers_sender_verify = true

produce a failure for messages with "From: " and "Sender: " and
"Reply-To" lines of "<>",(i.e. spam with no proper addresses in)
even if sender_try_verify is used rather than sender_verify?

What I am trying to do is block the stuff that is obviously rubbish,
but not reject mail due to temporary problems with our heavily loaded
network. Is that about right?

    Thank you.
    Hugh
    hgs@???