Re: [EXIM] Why should I use Exim over Qmail?

Author: cwlin
To: Philip Hazel, Paul Mansfield
CC: Exim users mailing list
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Why should I use Exim over Qmail?
On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 02:02:59PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> >    smtp_accept_max_per_host

> Subsequent connections from that host are rejected at connection time.

Hi:

1. I know smtp_accept_max_per_host is a limit for all outside IP
addresses. Is there any method to set different limit for different
IP addresses? Some IP addresses have large limt number, some has
smaller limit.

2. About rate control, Is there any method do rate control such as:

    For an IP, MTA can reject connection from it according to incoming
    rate ( 10 incoming connection from the same IP in the past 1 min ).

    I found EXIM have connection limit at the same time.
    I am looking the method stop spammer according to the incoming
    rate... :)

--

Ching-Wei LIN
cwlin@???.