[EXIM] Optional Configurations

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Julian King
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] Optional Configurations

Hello,

I would like to have parts of my configuration for exim be external to the
main configuration file. In particular I want to set qualify_domain
external to the main configuration. It appears that I cannot use a
$lookup when setting that, it also seems that I cannot do the equivalent
of #include to include things. The closest I have been able to come up
with is to set qualify_domain with a macro, and then define the macro
on the command line, which will work in my specific case because of how
I am wrapping exim up, but strikes me as being somewhat ugly.

I will include below details of the situation I am using exim in, but
hopefully I have already given enough details to ponder the problem, and
for preference say 'Oh yeah, I know how you can do that..!' :-)

-----

I am running exim in multiple chroots with a shared spool directory, and
ideally a shared configuration file. However certain aspects of the
configuration need to be different. There will be a different set of
alias files, and potentially different rewrite rules (although I think
I know how to handle the re-write rules with a lookup). I do not
want to have a separate configuration file, and ideally I don't want
to generate the config file from a central template, what I want is
to be able to use files which are unique to the separate chroots to
extend the central configuration.

-----

Hopefully that is clear enough. Let me know.

Oh, and a wishlist entry, qualify_domain, and preferably other variables
can be set with a $lookup in the first part of the exim configuration
file, perhaps by an equivalent to backticks in shell script ("`command`")?

Julian
--
Julian King
Computer Officer, University of Cambridge, Unix Support