Re: [EXIM] Chars in Email-Addresses

Top Pagina
Auteur: Nigel Metheringham
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] Chars in Email-Addresses

ph10@??? said:
> RFC 822 and 821. & is allowed in local parts; it is not special in
> any way. However, & may not be part of a domain name.

I guess its permissable, but I'd say its not advisable. I would be
unsurprised if a number of clients and/or MTAs made a mess of it
(especially ones too closely integrated with web browsers).

A few years ago the BBC TV lot had an email address set up -
live&kicking@???. After the first week or so they gave out
alternative addresses - live.and.kicking and liveandkicking . This
might be due to widespread finger trouble, but my suspicion is a lot of
systems threw that address out.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]