Re: [EXIM] Why should I use Exim over Qmail?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Exim users mailing list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Why should I use Exim over Qmail?
On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Unless you have changed smtp_accept_queue_per_connection (introduced at
> release 2.03) it should only spawn that many processes per connection
> (default 10). Your ISP may be making many connections, of course. That
> is limited by smtp_accept_max.

What happens to the connecting host when Exim has reached the limit on this:
    smtp_accept_queue_per_connection
or
    smtp_accept_max_per_host

How do these rate-limit?

Does Exim simply hold off before giving a 220, or does it respond with
something like "421 Too many concurrent connections?".

The main document section doesn't say.

Paul