Re: [EXIM] LDAP fall-back server with Exim?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Tony Abbott
CC: michael, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] LDAP fall-back server with Exim?
On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Tony Abbott wrote:

> to be specified, say something along the lines of:
>
> ${lookup ldap {{<url1>}{<url2>}{<urln>}}{true-string}{false-string}}

Unfortunately, ldap is just one of the supported "query-style" lookups.
I suppose one could contemplate changing all of them to permit more than
one query. Something like a colon-separated list would be more in
keeping with Exim's style than a nested {}.

However, surely the only difference between url1 and url2 is likely to
be the host name, and the URLs are tedious enough to type already,
without having to repeat them.

Then there are other cases to consider: lookups in drivers such as alias
file, and lookups in domain, host, and address lists.

> Personally I just don't like the idea of modifying a well established
> query syntax in a nonstandard way...

Happens all the time... :-))

I will have a general think when I get a chance. This won't be soon. For
a start, I am going to be away next week. Maybe some general mechanism
for handling timeouts etc. in query-style lookups should be invented.