Re: [EXIM] wishlist - admin users/exim group

Author: Paul Mansfield
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Exim users mailing list
Subject: Re: [EXIM] wishlist - admin users/exim group
On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Paul Mansfield wrote:
> > It would be nice to have an option like "admin_users", much like
> > "trusted_users"; it'd allow granting, temporarily, privileges to people without
> > having to use root to edit the system group file /etc/group (if your exim admin
> > is not privileged to have root).

Actually, this is mroe desirable, since the exim group is defined at build time
(as Philip told me) rather than being /etc/group..

However, I think that a comment that "exim group" is a compilation setting, not
just an entry in /etc/group would help when I'm suffering from lack of
caffeine:
    http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.00/doc/html/spec_5.html#IDX114

... and anywhere else in main spec where it talks about the admin users?

Paul