Re: [EXIM] Receiving mail for 2 domains ??

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Receiving mail for 2 domains ??
On Wed, 2 Jun 1999 12:54:25 +0100, you wrote:
> can somebody tell me if it is possible to route mail for an domain
> outside our own domain to users local on our domain ?

sure.

> Situation is as follows: our domain is dsl.nl and our mail comes
> in there, we have registered leiden.nu since a couple of days.
> Can i configure exim to accept mail to leiden.nu and forward
> a mail to f.i. john@??? to john@??? ???

add leiden.nu to "local_domains". With the standard alias file setup,
this will effectively handle account@??? and account@??? in
the same way since the domain part is not taken into account in alias
expansion.

If you want to handle both domains differently, you need a different
system_alias director:

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file = /etc/aliases/$domain
search_type = lsearch
expand = yes

That way, you can define aliases for leiden.nu in
/etc/aliases/leiden.nu and aliases for dsl.nl in /etc/aliases/dsl.nl.

Additionally, you will need MX records for both domains pointing to
your box or use other means (ETRN, fetchmail, UUCP) to get mail
destined for your domains to your machine.

Greetings
Marc