Re: [EXIM] Bug in check_host()? Either that or in linux libc

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Mark Baker
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Bug in check_host()? Either that or in linux libc
On Wed, 26 May 1999, Mark Baker wrote:

> I traced the problem to a line in check_host() where it converts the textual
> form of the IP address back into binary to test it. It does:
>
> insize = host_aton(host_address, incoming);
>
> All the documentation I can find for host_aton suggests that it isn't

Er, er, er, host_aton() is a function inside Exim. There is no
documentation of it, except for its comments. It is defined in the
host.c module and it is supposed to return a length. Is this the
problem? Is there some name clash somewhere? Surely a local function
should take preference over a library function anyway?

Or have I misunderstood?