[EXIM] Testing X-RBL headers and messages

Author: John Horne
To: Exim Users List
Subject: [EXIM] Testing X-RBL headers and messages
Hello,

I have been trying to use the 'rbl_reject' prohibition message with the
$rbl_text variable as described in the Exim 3.00 manual, page 204. I have the
configuration set up but how can I test it? I would like to see the X-RBL
headers produced from an RBL/warn site as well as the reject message from an
RBL/reject site.

The maps.vix.com site says that 127.0.0.2 is entered as a dummy entry, and I
can use 'exim -bh 127.0.0.2' but the -bh' option shows what exim 'would' do
and not the actual output (headers) produced or the error message sent back. Or
am I missing some option? We are now, of course, running exim 3.01 :-)

Thanks,

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???                      ICQ: 36532881
Home page: http://jhorne.csd.plymouth.ac.uk
Finger for PGP key: john@???