Re: [EXIM] Spam fighting that works

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Christian Dysthe
To: jpburnham
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Spam fighting that works

On 21 May, John Burnham wrote:
> <Snip description of using spam filters that check if to: cc: or bcc:
> include an address for a particular domain>
>
> And if you subscribe to any mailing lists ? You'd have to check each
> one of them as well. And if, like me, you're postmaster for a
> reasonable sized site - putting something like this in my system
> filters would mean I'd need to know any mailing list that anyone on
> site subs to. This would mean requesting that they register any
> mailing list with me and some of them already hate me. Especially
> after yesterday when I had to zap someones account temporarily
> while I dealt with the extremely broken set of filter/forwarding stuff
> he'd set up.
> Nice idea for a personal setup but....
>  John
> --
> John Burnham
> jpburnham@???
>
> --
> ***  Exim information can be found at http://www.exim.org/  ***

I have no cluse what is wrong with bcc. I have gotten an off list mail
that talks about this also. I am a normal computer user. One of those
new Linux users that want an OS that do not crash. I use the features
that come with a mailer. bcc is one of them.

Yes, this filter is for my personal use, I never claimed otherwise.

As "radical" idea: What if an ISP offered users as an option to only
receive mail specifically addressed to them? They could have a web form
where the users could put in (and remove) the exceptions they wanted
like for mailing list. Shouldn't be too hard to do if the ISP used
exim? I would have used this if my ISP had offered it. Would most
certainly make life harder for spammers if it got widespread.
--
Regards,