Re: [EXIM] Spam fighting that works

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: J.D. Falk
Para: Christian Dysthe, Exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Spam fighting that works
On 05/20/99, Christian Dysthe <cdysthe@???> wrote:

> It is really amazing to look in my possible_spam folder. It fills up
> quite quickly (with spam!). The only thing to be aware of is to place
> it AFTER filters dealing with mailing lists, or all those will en up as
> possible spam as well.

    Exactly -- and you have to keep track of those, and hope
    that your friends don't bcc you (since few if any MTA's
    include the Bcc: header when they transfer the message), and
    make sure you've got all your aliases in there, and so on.

    Plus, it does nothing to reduce the cost of spam; your server
    still has to accept it and process it.  Might give you a bit
    of temporary relief, though, except for the spammers who put
    your e-mail address in the headers.

  |     "Good and evil both increase at compound interest.               |
  |      That is why the little decisions you and I make every day       |
  |      are of such infinite importance."                               |
  |                                   -- C.S. Lewis                      |

----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----