[EXIM] Spam fighting that works

Autor: Christian Dysthe
A: Exim-users
Assumpte: [EXIM] Spam fighting that works

Hi,

I have been trying all kinds of stuff to fight spam. Tons of stuff.
Then I suddenly came up with an exim filter I placed at the end of my
..forward file that "catches" more spam than I have ever been able to
before.

It is quite simple, and I was wondering if this is "common knowledge",
and if someone has refined this method of getting rid of spam?

What I did was to make a filter that filter away all mail that doesn't
have my email address in the To, Cc or Bcc field, looking something
like this:

if
$header_to: does not contain "my_account@???" and
$header_to: does not contain "@localhost" and
$header_cc: does not contain "my_account@???" and
$header_bcc:does not contain "my_account@???" and
then
save /home/my_account/Mail/possible_spam
endif

(Mine is much longer since I have several mail aliases.)

It is really amazing to look in my possible_spam folder. It fills up
quite quickly (with spam!). The only thing to be aware of is to place
it AFTER filters dealing with mailing lists, or all those will en up as
possible spam as well.

--
Regards,