[EXIM] filter file pipe problem

Author: Cyberbaron
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] filter file pipe problem

Hello,

System info: exim 3.01 on SunOS 5.6.

I'm getting following error when using the filter file (see below):

pipe "/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver user"

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients. The
following address(es) failed:

  user@???:
    generated |/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -a cyrus user:
    Child process of address_pipe transport returned 65 (could mean error in input data) from comma
++nd:
    /usr/cyrus/bin/deliver

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ |/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -a cyrus user ------

user: Message contains invalid header

<<<<<<<<<<<<

However, when running exactly the same command as found in the filter
file manually on the command line:

user@host> cat some-test-mail | /usr/cyrus/bin/deliver user

the some-test-mail mail gets normally delivered to the IMAP box. Needless
to say that the IMAP box exists and is configured correctly. The FAQ (Q003)
mentions a similar problem, but I don't think the answer fits to my
problem. Anyone had a similar problem? Thanks for any help, as I'm lost
here...

Here is my config for this:

Director:

mailfilter_users:
driver = forwardfile
# >> Option added by convert4r3
file_transport = address_file
# >> Option added by convert4r3
pipe_transport = address_pipe
# >> Option added by convert4r3
reply_transport = address_reply
domains = lsearch;EXIM_CFG/local-domains
local_parts = lsearch;EXIM_CFG/switch.ch-users
user = $local_part_data
file = USERS_HOME/$local_part_data/MAILFILTER
no_check_local_user
filter

Transport:

address_pipe:
driver = pipe
return_output

User filter file /home/user/.mailfilter

# Exim filter # <-- DO NOT DELETE, EDIT OR MODIFY THIS FIRST LINE

pipe "/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver user"

Thanks for any help on this!

Bernard Stern, postmaster@???