Re: [EXIM] Problems compiling

Author: Philip Hazel
To: mark
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Problems compiling
On Wed, 19 May 1999 mark@??? wrote:

> I've been trying to compile Exim for a while now but keep getting the same
> problems:-
>
> gcc -c -O    -I. os.c
> In file included from /usr/include/fcntl.h:24,
>                  from exim.h:140,
>                  from os.c:1:
> /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h:119: warning: `F_FREESP' redefined
> os.h:12: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
> In file included from exim.h:31,
>                  from os.c:1:
> /usr/include/stdlib.h:128: parse error before `unsigned'
> In file included from /usr/include/fcntl.h:24,
>                  from exim.h:140,
>                  from os.c:1:
> /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h:167: warning: redefinition of `flock_t'
> os.h:15: warning: `flock_t' previously declared here
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `os.o'
> Current working directory /home/mark/exim3/build-SunOS4-sparc
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `go'

> I've tried cc in place of gcc, but still get a similar error message.

I see you are using SunOS4, but you don't say which version. cc will
definitely not work, as it wasn't an ANSI C compiler on SunOS4. You
should be able to get gcc to work, but it looks to me as though gcc has
not been installed properly, as the problems are all in header handling,
and the installation process for gcc munges around in the headers and
makes various private versions for itself.