Re: [EXIM] rbl

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder, Jeffrey Goldberg
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] rbl
On Tue, 18 May 1999, Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder wrote:

> I'm wondering how big a change it would be to allow rbl rejections to
> work in a similar manner as invalid-sender rejections..
>
> Eg, the first time, it permits the data, so it can log the headers,
> then sends an error code after the data..

I implemented the invalid-sender approach because way back then (it
seems like an age ago) many of them were the result of mis-configured
mailers, and it helped to debug the world. Nowadays, most of them seem
to be forged for spam mail, and I'm not at all sure I would bother to
implement this were I doing it again today. When RBL came along, it
recommended rejecting RCPT (which was something that several
implementors - including myself - had discovered was the only way to
shut certain MTAs up) and so I just did that.

> (Yes, I know I could set /warn for those lists, and might do so in the
> meantime.. but what I want is to reject the message, but log the
> headers for inspection)

I will put this on the wish list, but I am rather lukewarm about it,
mainly on "creeping featurism" grounds.