Re: [EXIM] rbl

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] rbl
On Tue, 18 May 1999, Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder wrote:

> We are using the RBL's which list relays, and the signal to noise ratio
> there isnt as high as the dialup and MAPS rbl lists, it would be nice
> to get a chance to see the headers of messages attempted from there...
>
> (Yes, I know I could set /warn for those lists, and might do so in the
> meantime.. but what I want is to reject the message, but log the
> headers for inspection)

Why not use rbl reject for MAPS and DSSL (or DUL?) and rbl warn for IMRSS
or ORBS (you don't say which you are using). [Thanks PH for getting this
off the wishlist and into the code. I haven't played with this yet]

With warn you then get a header inserted, which, if I am not mistaken, you
can catch with a system filter. This should allow you to log and reject,
or if you don't want to reject, you could even set up an autoresponder
that warns the sender that their site is in the particular list.

See
http://www.imrss.org/using-notify.html

for a description of a strategy for doing that. However, note that the
new features of exim in 3.00 allowing some rbl warning and some rbl
rejecting should mean that with appropriate settings and an appropropriate
message filter things can be done in a much cleaner way. (specifically,
no hacks to the code, and giving a 200 where a 200 is due.)

Please note, I have not tried this yet. I've just been glancing at the
change log for 3.00.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814