Re: [EXIM] How to use dnsdb query lookup

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Rick.Ballard, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] How to use dnsdb query lookup
Quoth Philip Hazel on Mon, May 17, 1999:
[About dnsdb, naturally]
> There isn't much to say about it. As it says, it looks up TXT records
> and returns their value. It was implemented as an experiment that looked
> useful, but I don't know if anybody has ever actually used it for real.

Maybe making a DNS-based database support work with Hesiod would
be a nice idea. I can do it, if anyone cares. We use Hesiod to
distribute our passwd, group, services, amd maps, and other dbs,
so it would be possible to distribute the alias file via Hesiod,
although it's very unlikely that we'll do it in the near future.
So, anybody wants Hesiod support?

> *@old.com ${lookup dnsdb {${lc:$1}.rewrite.dom.com}{$value@???}fail}

Hey, I was almost right!

Vadik.

--
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own
cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as