Re: [EXIM] SMTP timeout after DATA

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Hans-Georg v. Zezschwitz
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] SMTP timeout after DATA
On Mon, 17 May 1999, Hans-Georg v. Zezschwitz wrote:

> Some MTAs are pretty braindead: If you message contains a
> \0-character at the end, they won't recognize the trailing
> "." of the DATA-section.

That's it!

The messages in question all end with

\0\n

Some with a fairly long string of \0 s

> You might either ask the other side to change there MTA

Believe me, I have been trying.

> or set up a transport filter that drops \0-characters (they are
> illegal, anyways).

Any advice on how to do that efficiently. I really don't want to run a
perl processes on every message.

I will complain to the upstream sites if nulls are illegal in these.

Thank you.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814