Re: [EXIM] exim-3.0 and convert4r3

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] exim-3.0 and convert4r3
On Mon, 17 May 1999, Marc Haber wrote:

> I'd like to reject every connect that comes from a different host. I
> did this with the previous version with:
>
> |LOCALHOST = 192.168.130.34:127.0.0.1
> |LOCALNET = 192.168.130.0/24
> |sender_host_accept = LOCALHOST
> |sender_net_accept = LOCALNET
>
> which was rewritten to
>
> |host_reject = "! LOCALHOST : \
> |    ! LOCALNET : \
> |    *"

> and now causes my exim to reject connections from localhost:
>
> |1999-05-17 15:09:19 connection from localhost [127.0.0.1] (mh) refused

You have stumbled upon something that convert4r3 cannot handle
correctly. It treats each item in host_reject as one item. Because you
are using macros, it hasn't got it right. What you should have is

host_reject = !192.168.130.34 : !127.0.0.1 : !192.168.130.0/24

(Since the first is just a special case of the third, you don't really
need it at all, come to think of it.)

I'm afraid I can't see any convenient way of packaging this up as a
macro. Sorry, I just hadn't considered this case!

> Also, convert4r3 added numerous transport options to some of my
> directors. What is that for? I immediately commented them out again
> and things didn't break? Adding them automatically might cater for
> some esoteric situations, but I don't think it's useful to have that
> added by default.

"Numerous" should have been two to aliasfile and three to forwardfile.

Adding them by default was to make your configuration look like the new
default configuration file. I removed the implicit defaults for these
options because I didn't think anybody used them, and I now feel that
making the settings explicit is much better.

If you use aliases or forwarding to pipes, files, or autoreplies, you
need these settings.